Sunday, February 28, 2010

Greg went to BCSD

For the 4th straight year I believe?

I'll make this a short posting since I realize that not all of my readers are rollerbladers. If you are ever interested in what I am talking about though, feel free to hop on youtube and search for "bittercold showdown".

To sum it up, it is the biggest rollerblading event of the year. Not rollerblading like spandex on the boardwalk, but rollerblading like doing tricks. It was a great event as always and keeps getting better and better every year. Best improvement by far was adding bleachers in the skatepark (in the past we've had to all stand for about 6 hours during the whole contest). It was awesome seeing so many familiar faces. What few rollerbladers are left out there really are like one big family. That makes it kind of disappointing that a legend, Chris Haffey, was booed when it was announced he won because people felt Bolino out skated him. Like they said, it was a hard contest to judge. Once the edits come out people will see. Either way, I don't really think this contest is about the winner.


It makes me wish more sports were like this. Before the contest there's a tradeshow and most of the competitors can be found there. How often do you get to buy a signature product from the guy who's name is on it? It's such a great atmosphere to be in and I'm glad I could make the drive out to Detroit again this year to take it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment