Monday, February 22, 2010

Music Monday #1

Well I'd like to start what will probably be a weekly tradition, Music Monday. Basically, every Monday I'll share an artist, album, song, or whatever with you guys that I've been listening to lately. You'll soon realize that my tastes are mostly rap music, but occasionally I'll listen to something else. This is one of those days. Who better to start with than the girl who's my computer wallpaper?

Introducing.... Lights!



In addition to rocking a killer smile, she actually has quite a bit of talent. While the best way I can think to classify her would be a "pop" singer, this Canadian is hardly another Britney Spears clone. She writes her own music and can actually play guitar. As for the music itself, it's very interesting. It is by no means depressing, but it is still very introspective for the most part and I guess the overall sound gives it a lonely night time feel. At first I was kind of indifferent about it, but it really has grown on me.

Lucky for you, it's not too hard to get into her music, since she has only dropped one album, The Listening. The album is overall pretty solid from start to end. It leads right off with the song that is probably my favorite video from the album, "Savior"


It really shows off her creativity and is a decent enough representation of the type of stuff you'll see on the rest of the album. I'm not going to lie, Lights is great eye candy as well.

As for my favorite track? Well she hasn't made a video for it and I'm not sure if there are plans in the future, but I really like the hidden gem that is "Face Up".


Just the halting and starting of the lyrics in the chorus really adds to the overall struggling mood of the song. My favorite off the Listening for sure. She's a really talented artist for sure and I really hope to see more from her in the future. Something tells me her shows would be awesome as well.

Well that concludes the first ever Music Monday, hope you enjoyed and keep checking back to see what else I have in store for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment