Monday, March 15, 2010

Music Monday #4

Happy Monday everybody. I'm happy to present a very special Music Monday. Not only is this artist a big personal favorite of mine, but I just happen to be going to his concert tomorrow night. That artist is none other than Jay-Z.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Where to start? Well I wrote a big thing about why I think Jay-Z is the best rapper alive. But you know, it's all opinion. Everybody has their own for whatever reason. Instead, I'm going to try to live my top 5 favorite Jay-Z songs at the moment, since this list would probably change everyday.

5. Heart of the City (Ain't No Love) - The Blueprint. Kanye really came through on this beat and Jay-Z is typical Jay-Z.


4. 30 Something - Kingdom Come. Classy classy beat featuring a more mature Jay-Z rapping like somebody his age should.


3. Lost One - Kingdom Come. Two songs from one of his "worst" albums. Yeah. Another relaxing, classy beat. Content is very personal on this track.


2. I Love the Dough - Life After Death. It was hard to choose between this and Brooklyn's finest, but as far as Jay and Biggie collabs go, I like Jay in this one much more.


1. Dead Presidents II - Reasonable Doubt. I couldn't make this list without a song from Reasonable Doubt. This is vintage Jay-Z.


Like I said, ask me again and this list will probably change, but you can't go wrong with these songs. I tried to stay away from some of the more recent mega hits to expose you guys to some other gems. I'll be sure to let you guys know how the concert goes. Until then, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment